Marriage is a declaration of love and commitment. It is a holy union that is a gift from God and allows for the flourishing of families. Marrying in front of the eyes of God is very important and gives people the strength to embark on this journey. Marriage is a powerful symbol and union that brings people closer to God. At Healing Place Church, we like to prepare people for this commitment and teach the values that keep a marriage strong and unified in God.
Premarital Counseling at Healing Place Church
Premarital counseling is a way that Healing Place Church helps couples prepare for the challenges and questions of marriage. We base our educational programs on the Word of God and help couples talk through their faith and better understand their partner spiritually.
“For this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” – Ephesians 5:31
The Bible sees the marriage union as the next step in a person’s life to build a future with someone by living God’s Word.
Premarital counseling accomplishes a few things:
- Builds a Biblical foundation for marriage. The Bible has a lot to say about marriage and understanding this from a historical and faith-based standpoint helps people build a profound Biblical foundation in their relationship.
- Fortifies couples to begin the discussion on profound issues that relate to the relationship. It’s not always easy to begin a dialogue. We provide the tools, the scripture, and advice to fortify the marriage early.
- Helps prepare the couple for the marriage. Marriage is a commitment. The vows recited on the wedding day are a promise before God and understanding the profound nature and responsibilities that come with marriage better prepares couples.
Establishing these strong foundations in marriage early on prepares the couple to embark on a journey together that will present challenges and hardships.
Better Together — Marriage Counseling at Healing Place Church
Marriage counseling happens once a couple is already married or has been married for some time. The counseling helps couples start or continue a dialogue about the marriage, challenges they may be facing, or helping people through hardship and tragedy.
Marriage counseling bases its support on:
- Biblical values. Biblical ideas will always be a fundamental part of how we approach challenges.
- Challenge couples to be honest and avoid holding things back. One of the fundamental principles of marriage counseling is encouraging people to be honest, as honesty is growth, healing, and trust.
- Encourage couples to confront their weaknesses and accept their flaws. Marriage is not about being perfect. It is about learning how to confront your own shortcomings and growing as a person.
Strengthen Your Love at Healing Place Church
The power of God and a constant willingness to work on ourselves and the marriage can lead to a mysterious and powerful union. Marriages strengthen people as individuals and as partners. Our premarital and marital counseling can help you stay on course and ensure your marriage is strong and fruitful.
Learn more at Healing Place Church. Visit us or call us today.